Ahead of the 2022 midterm elections, Democrats have nothing positive to run on. For over a year, Americans have rejected Biden’s presidency, the semi-socialist Build Back Better agenda, and policies that led to out-of-control inflation leading to a recession.
Still, it’s not the worst of it. In 2020, Biden promised during the presidential campaign an insincere contrast. While accusing Donald Trump of abusive language and dividing the country, the president has governed since 2021 using some of the worst rhetoric of all, and he’s gotten away with it. Now, he’s getting more daring.
Over the summer, Democrats created and employed a nuclear campaign strategy. It’s the only arrow left in their quiver if they hope to retain the House and Senate this fall. Yet, in doing so, Biden has moved from attacking Republican elected officials to going after conservative voters. He believes labeling us as MAGA conservatives is an insult. He’s promoting a view that Republicans are revolutionaries intent on changing the fabric of America. In doing so, conservatives are racists, homophobes, xenophobes, and insurrectionists. Now, Biden is calling Republicans semi-fascists. He apparently doesn’t know what the word means.
Every day, Democratic campaigns, the president, and his administration treat us to another progressive message that America is in the midst of a radical right-wing takeover. Yet, who controls the country?
Biden is playing a dangerous propaganda game. On Thursday night, he’s prepared to go on prime-time television from Philadelphia and argue Republican elected officials and voters are threatening America’s democracy and Constitutional rights. It’s false.
I’m going to explain how he’s wrong, but first, let’s ask a few basic questions about who the real revolutionaries are.
Democrats Did This…
Which political party is advocating for revolutionary changes? Over the last five years, it was Democrats who openly advocated for tearing apart the American system of government. Consider the following.
- Wanted to end 180 years of the Senate filibuster that would strip the minority party of any ability to represent their constituents?
- Advocated for ending the 233-year-old Electoral College that preserved the voices of those who live in less populated states?
- Ignored federal immigration law and then lied about it?
- Tried to force Critical Race Theory on our children through the public education system?
- Called to pack the Supreme Court with liberal justices to ensure the Left got its way?
- Pushed to eradicate the states as the primary entities responsible for conducting elections?
- Tried to make Washington, DC, and Puerto Rico a state to ensure four more Democratic Senators?
- Pushed for protests and empowered riots across America in 2020 while locking down people with an alternative view?
- Called on activists and protestors to swarm the homes of conservative Supreme Court justices and refused to enforce the law preventing it from happening?
- Instructed activists to dawg people in public spaces such as restaurants?
- Tore up a State of the Union speech?
- Denied the minority party in the House the ability to serve on a committee?
- Weaponized the IRS, FBI, or the intelligence community against political opposition?
- Investigated a false allegation of Russian collusion?
I can hear it now from the Left… but January 6! What about it? It was a one-day, stupid act of pent-up frustration that should have never happened. There has been no evidence of an armed plot to overthrow the government. Most conservatives believe those who broke the law should be prosecuted.
In fact, some suspects are still sitting in Jail two and half years later, waiting for a trial date. What it did was give the Left an excuse to make further outlandish political claims. In 2020, rioters destroyed $2 billion in property and injured hundreds of police officers. The New York Times applauded the riots.
January 6 does not excuse the Democratic Party’s abuses of power or Biden’s irresponsible rhetoric.
The Divisions Widen, and It’s a Campaign Strategy
Biden promised to be a uniter, yet all he’s managed to do along with Pelosi and Schumer is divide America even more. This is a campaign strategy.
Consider this for a moment — if they can make you believe Republicans are intent on harming America, they can separate voters from their political identities and beliefs. You may not vote for someone you agree with 99% of the time if you buy the narrative a candidate is extreme. It’s a brilliant political maneuver if Democrats don’t get caught.
Therein lies the challenge. Who’s going to expose these misrepresentations? Who’s going to tell the story in the press? It won’t be the New York Times, MSBNC, or CBS.
While Biden tries to crush the MAGA movement, consider what it is on the merits:
- A movement to restrict the government’s size, control, power, and influence over your everyday life.
- A call for the government to follow the Constitution as it’s written.
- A demand the government stop oppressing hope, opportunity, and happiness.
This was the whole point of the Declaration of Independence. Government should never trap people into hopelessness through social welfare programs. It shouldn’t block opportunities through stifling regulations and red tape. It shouldn’t prevent you from seeking the best for your life if that’s your choice.
So, don’t take Biden’s bait. Don’t get caught up emotionally in the distraction he’s creating. By all means, vote for those who will uphold the values found in the Declaration of Independence and supported in the US Constitution – those are America’s real values.
Anything else is a hoax and a distraction.
Don Purdum, Political Analyst
Copyright 2022, ConservativeEra.com